Labor and Employment
The labor and employment lawyers of Davenport Evans law firm, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, represent both public and private employers. Our attorneys counsel employers in all areas of labor and employment law and advise clients in the prevention of potential litigation from the beginning of the employment relationship to termination and everything in between. The firm advises clients on a broad range of issues under federal and state employment law, including Title VII Discrimination Claims, FMLA, ADA, Wage and Hour, Workers’ Compensation and more. The firm represents employers in proceedings before various administrative agencies, as well as all types of employment litigation, including wrongful termination and discrimination claims, in both federal and state courts.
Employment Law Update September 19, 2018
Register Here – Agenda coming soon
Join us for the 2018 Davenport Evans Employment Law Update, Wednesday, September 19, at a new venue, The Country Club of Sioux Falls (formerly Westward Ho), at 3400 West 22nd Street, Sioux Falls, SD. Our new venue offers plenty of free on-site parking and amenities. Click here for a map and directions, and consider taking a direct route from Kiwanis Avenue to 18th Street/Indian Mound Drive, to avoid confusion with the Minnehaha Country Club. Watch for the sign on Westward Ho Place for The Country Club of Sioux Falls.
The annual seminar is free and open to the public, and draws around 150 human resources professionals, managers, and small business leaders from across the region. Register here and receive seminar updates via email. Submit questions for our Q&A Panel for a chance to win one of two restaurant gift cards! Multiple questions are welcome, but only one drawing entry will be accepted per person. All questions will remain anonymous. Agenda coming soon.
Davenport Evans Labor and Employment News
- How to Handle Workplace Harassment, Bender on KELOLAND
- Bender to Present at Sioux Empire SHRM
- Employee Benefit Implications In the Tax Reform Bill
- Federal Judge Vacates EEOC Wellness Plan Rules
- How to Deal with a Sexual Harassment Compliant, Bender on KELOLAND
- Hanson Discusses Sexual Harassment Policy on KELO Podcast
- Inside KELOLAND: How Employers Can Be Proactive to Stop Sexual Harassment at Work
- Hanson: With #MeToo Movement, Time for a Review on Workplace Sexual Harassment
- 16 Davenport Evans Lawyers Listed by Best Lawyers 2018
- KELO: Can You Be Fired For Social Media Comments?
- Bender Discusses Employee Absences on KELO Podcast
- 17 Davenport Evans Lawyers Named Leaders in their Field by Chambers USA
- Hoglund Hanson to Speak on Pregnancy Discrimination, Background Checks, and ADA Accommodations
- Jean H. Bender Appointed to Minnehaha County Commission
- Anthony M. Hohn to Speak on Non-Competition Agreements
Learn about Employee Benefits Law at Davenport Evans.
Learn about Workers’ Compensation and Administrative Law at Davenport Evans.