Labor and Employment
The labor and employment lawyers of Davenport Evans law firm, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, represent both public and private employers. Our attorneys counsel employers in all areas of labor and employment law and advise clients in the prevention of potential litigation from the beginning of the employment relationship to termination and everything in between. The firm advises clients on a broad range of issues under federal and state employment law, including Title VII Discrimination Claims, FMLA, ADA, Wage and Hour, Workers’ Compensation and more. The firm represents employers in proceedings before various administrative agencies, as well as all types of employment litigation, including wrongful termination and discrimination claims, in both federal and state courts.
2019 Employment Law Update, September 18 at The Country Club of Sioux Falls
Thanks to everyone who joined us for the 2019 Davenport Evans Employment Law Update, Wednesday, September 18 at the Country Club of Sioux Falls. We were pleased to see record attendance this year, with over 175 registered!
Be sure to join our eNews list for Employment Law news and announcements regarding future seminars.
Davenport Evans Employment Law Update
Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:30 a.m. – noon
The Country Club of Sioux Falls
7:30 – 8 a.m.
Registration and Hot Breakfast
8:00 – 8:45 a.m.
Data Privacy and Security Update for Human Resource Professionals, Rick Olivier of SBS Cybersecurity and Jean H. Bender of Davenport Evans
8:45 – 9:30 a.m.
ADA Website Accessibility, Dixie K. Hieb and Tiffany M. Miller
9:30 – 9:45 a.m.
Coffee and Restroom Break
9:45 – 10:30 a.m.
2019 Case Law Update, Reece M. Almond
10:30 – 11:15 a.m.
10 Questions to Ask Before You Terminate, Kristi Geisler Holm
11:15 – noon
Ask-A-Lawyer Panel: Kristi Geisler Holm, Jean H. Bender, Dixie K. Hieb, Reece M. Almond, and Moderator Tiffany M. Miller.
Davenport Evans Labor and Employment News
- How to Handle Workplace Harassment, Bender on KELOLAND
- Why You Need an Employment Law Attorney: Jean Bender on Keloland Living
- 2018 Employment Law Update Discusses Recruiting, Culture, Non-Competes, and #MeToo
- Bender Presents at Mid-American Chamber Executives Annual Conference
- Three Takeaways from EEOC Proposed Wellness Program Regulations
- Wellness Programs and the EEOC
- Bender to Present at Sioux Empire SHRM
- Employee Benefit Implications In the Tax Reform Bill
- Federal Judge Vacates EEOC Wellness Plan Rules
- How to Deal with a Sexual Harassment Compliant, Bender on KELOLAND
- Inside KELOLAND: How Employers Can Be Proactive to Stop Sexual Harassment at Work
- With #MeToo Movement, Time for a Review on Workplace Sexual Harassment
- 16 Davenport Evans Lawyers Listed by Best Lawyers 2018
- KELO: Can You Be Fired For Social Media Comments?
- Bender Discusses Employee Absences on KELO Podcast
- 17 Davenport Evans Lawyers Named Leaders in their Field by Chambers USA
- Jean H. Bender Appointed to Minnehaha County Commission
- Anthony M. Hohn to Speak on Non-Competition Agreements
Learn about Employee Benefits Law at Davenport Evans.
Learn about Workers’ Compensation and Administrative Law at Davenport Evans.