Labor and Employment
The labor and employment lawyers of Davenport Evans law firm, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, represent both public and private employers. Our attorneys counsel employers in all areas of labor and employment law and advise clients in the prevention of potential litigation through, for example, review and preparation of employee handbooks and review and drafting of employment contracts and agreements. The firm advises clients on a broad range of issues under federal and state employment law, including the Civil Rights Act and the Americans With Disabilities Act. The firm represents employers in proceedings before various administrative agencies, as well as all types of employment litigation, including wrongful termination and discrimination claims, in both federal and state courts.
Employment Law Update September 20, 2017
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2017 Davenport Evans Employment Law Update, Wednesday, September 20, at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Sioux Falls. View the 2017 Employment Law Update Agenda. The annual seminar, which is free and open to the public, drew around 150 human resources professionals, managers, and small business leaders from across the region. Stay tuned for 2018 seminar announcements by signing up to receive our quarterly Employment Law eNews.
Davenport Evans Labor and Employment News
- How to Handle Workplace Harassment, Bender on KELOLAND
- Bender to Present at Sioux Empire SHRM
- Employee Benefit Implications In the Tax Reform Bill
- Federal Judge Vacates EEOC Wellness Plan Rules
- How to Deal with a Sexual Harassment Compliant, Bender on KELOLAND
- Hanson Discusses Sexual Harassment Policy on KELO Podcast
- Inside KELOLAND: How Employers Can Be Proactive to Stop Sexual Harassment at Work
- Hanson: With #MeToo Movement, Time for a Review on Workplace Sexual Harassment
- 16 Davenport Evans Lawyers Listed by Best Lawyers 2018
- KELO: Can You Be Fired For Social Media Comments?
- Bender Discusses Employee Absences on KELO Podcast
- 17 Davenport Evans Lawyers Named Leaders in their Field by Chambers USA
- Hoglund Hanson to Speak on Pregnancy Discrimination, Background Checks, and ADA Accommodations
- Jean H. Bender Appointed to Minnehaha County Commission
- Anthony M. Hohn to Speak on Non-Competition Agreements
Learn about Employee Benefits Law at Davenport Evans.
Learn about Workers’ Compensation and Administrative Law at Davenport Evans.