Labor and Employment
The labor and employment lawyers of Davenport Evans law firm, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, represent both public and private employers. Our attorneys counsel employers in all areas of labor and employment law and advise clients in the prevention of potential litigation from the beginning of the employment relationship to termination and everything in between. The firm advises clients on a broad range of issues under federal and state employment law, including Title VII Discrimination Claims, FMLA, ADA, Wage and Hour, Workers’ Compensation and more. The firm represents employers in proceedings before various administrative agencies, as well as all types of employment litigation, including wrongful termination and discrimination claims, in both federal and state courts.
DAVENPORT EVANS EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE
November 15, 2023 | 7:30 a.m. – noon | Country Club of Sioux Falls
Register here, at dehs.com/events. Sign up for eNews in order to receive event updates and monthly Employment Law articles from Davenport Evans lawyers. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Lawyers Davenport Evans Labor and Employment News
- Chamber News Features Employment Lawyer Brooke Schmidt
- Brooke Schmidt Graduates from Leadership Sioux Falls
- Confidentiality/Non-Disparagement Provisions May Violate NLRA
- FTC v. Employers: Do Banks Have a Dog in This Fight?
- U.S. Supreme Court Upholds Technical Interpretation of Salary Basis
- Fair Hiring in Banking Act Expands Applicant Pool for FDIC-Insured Banks & Credit Unions
- Potential New Rule Regarding Non-Compete Clauses in Employment Contracts
- Which Local Employment Laws Apply to Remote Work?
- Why Should Employers Review Their Website Accessibility?
- Succession Planning: Worth the Work
- Did We Learn Anything from the DOJ’s ADA Online Accessibility Guidelines?
- AI and Employment Decisions: Avoiding Discrimination
- Discrimination Claims Arise Due to Unpaid Short-Term Miltary Leave
- The Risks of Employee Wellness Plan Incentives and Penalties
- Participant Choice Doe Not Relieve ERISA Fiduciaries from Duty of Prudence
- Best Lawyers 2023 Recognizes 17 Davenport Evans Lawyers
- Davenport Evans Lawyers Rank Tier One by Chambers 2021
- How to Handle Workplace Harassment, Bender on KELOLAND
- Why You Need an Employment Law Attorney: Jean Bender on Keloland Living
- Three Takeaways from EEOC Proposed Wellness Program Regulations
- Wellness Programs and the EEOC
- Employee Benefit Implications In the Tax Reform Bill
- Federal Judge Vacates EEOC Wellness Plan Rules
- How to Deal with a Sexual Harassment Compliant, Bender on KELOLAND
- Inside KELOLAND: How Employers Can Be Proactive to Stop Sexual Harassment at Work
- With #MeToo Movement, Time for a Review on Workplace Sexual Harassment
- KELO: Can You Be Fired For Social Media Comments?
- Bender Discusses Employee Absences on KELO Podcast
Contact our Labor and Employment attorneys: Jean H. Bender, Brooke L. Schmidt, Reece M. Almond, Anthony M. Hohn, Tiffany M. Miller, Lori M. Rensink, Michael L. Snyder, and Michael L. Srstka.
Learn about Employee Benefits Law at Davenport Evans.
Learn about Workers’ Compensation and Administrative Law at Davenport Evans.