Davenport Evans law firm, in Sioux Falls, SD, is active in the field of employee benefits on behalf of a wide range of clients, from small professional corporations to large educational and health care institutions with numerous employees. Attorneys in the firm work with those employers in designing a variety of both ERISA-qualified and non-qualified benefit plans. Our attorneys also advise employers, as well as employees and independent contractors, in the area of compensation planning.
Employment Law Update September 20, 2017
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2017 Davenport Evans Employment Law Update, Wednesday, September 20, at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Sioux Falls. The annual seminar, which is free and open to the public, drew around 150 human resources professionals, managers, and small business leaders from across the region.
The Employment Law Update opened with a hot breakfast at 7:30 a.m. followed by presentations timely and practical from 8 a.m. to noon. The day’s agenda included presentations, “To Provide Leave or Not to Provide Leave… That is the Question,” with Jean H. Bender; “Is Your Employee Handbook Workin’ Hard or Hardly Workin’? 11 Questions to Consider” with Ashlee A. Wendt; “Employment Restrictions: Competition, Solicitation, Disclosure, and Trade Secrets” with Mitchell A. Peterson; and “What’s New? 2017 Topics and Trends in Labor and Employment Law” with Sandra K. Hoglund Hanson. There was also a bonus round and “Employee Benefits Update” with new associate attorney Peter M. Langdon, covering “Wellness Plans” and “The Future of the ACA.” We concluded the day with the popular Q&A Panel including Kristi Geisler Holm and moderated by Mitch Peterson, and a drawing for restaurant gift cards from among those who submitted a Q&A question online ahead of the event. Contact a Davenport Evans employment lawyer with your post-seminar questions at 605-336-2880 or at one of these direct links:
Click here to contact a Labor and Employment attorney: Sandra Hoglund Hanson, Kristi Geisler Holm, Anthony M. Hohn, Justin T. Clarke, Ashley A. Wendt, Michael L. Snyder, Ashley G. Blake, Peter M. Langdon, and Jean H. Bender.
Davenport Evans Employment Law News
- Davenport Evans Welcomes Attorney Peter M. Langdon
- Bender Discusses Employee Absences on KELO Podcast
- Employment Law Update Set for September 20, 2017
- Three Takeaways from EEOC Proposed Wellness Program Regulations
- Wellness Programs and the EEOC
- 17 Davenport Evans Lawyers Named Leaders in their Field by Chambers USA
- Hoglund Hanson to Speak on Pregnancy Discrimination, Background Checks, and ADA Accommodations
- Jean H. Bender Appointed to Minnehaha Country Commission
- Davenport Evans Listed in “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- Anthony M. Hohn to Speak on Non-Competition Agreements