Workers’ Compensation and Administrative Law
The Workers’ Compensation defense attorneys at Davenport Evans, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, have extensive experience in the defense of workers’ compensation claims. In addition to representing both nationally recognized and regional insurance companies, the firm provides counsel to self-insured employers and third party administrators. Our attorneys are frequently called upon to speak at workers’ compensation seminars and programs.
Workers’ compensation is not the sole area of the firm’s administrative law expertise. Our attorneys also participate in a variety of administrative proceedings before various agencies, ranging from licensing hearings to contested case hearings to administrative appeals.
Employment Law Update September 20, 2017
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2017 Davenport Evans Employment Law Update, Wednesday, September 20, at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Sioux Falls. The annual seminar, which is free and open to the public, drew around 150 human resources professionals, managers, and small business leaders from across the region.
The Employment Law Update opened with a hot breakfast at 7:30 a.m. followed by presentations timely and practical from 8 a.m. to noon. The day’s agenda included presentations, “To Provide Leave or Not to Provide Leave… That is the Question,” with Jean H. Bender; “Is Your Employee Handbook Workin’ Hard or Hardly Workin’? 11 Questions to Consider” with Ashlee A. Wendt; “Employment Restrictions: Competition, Solicitation, Disclosure, and Trade Secrets” with Mitchell A. Peterson; and “What’s New? 2017 Topics and Trends in Labor and Employment Law” with Sandra K. Hoglund Hanson. There was also a bonus round and “Employee Benefits Update” with new associate attorney Peter M. Langdon, covering “Wellness Plans” and “The Future of the ACA.” We concluded the day with the popular Q&A Panel and a drawing for restaurant gift cards from among those who submitted a Q&A question online ahead of the event. Contact a Davenport Evans employment lawyer with your post-seminar questions at 605-336-2880 or at one of these direct links:
Contact our workers’ compensation attorney: Kristi Geisler Holm.
Davenport Evans Workers’ Compensation News
- Work Comp Lawyers to Present, Hold Booth, at Work Comp Summit June 6
- *Orr Inducted Into Prestigious College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
- *15 Davenport Evans Attorneys Named Great Plains Super Lawyers
- *19 Davenport Evans Lawyers Named by Best Lawyers in America, Five Named “Lawyers of the Year”
- *17 Davenport Evans Lawyers Named Leaders in their Field by Chambers USA
- *Hoglund Hanson to Speak on Pregnancy Discrimination, Criminal Background Checks, and ADA Accommodations
- *Hohn to Speak on Non-Competition Agreements
- *Hoglund Hanson to Speak on Understanding How the NLRB May Impact Your Workplace Policies
- *2014 Employment Law Update Seminar Sees Record Attendance
- *New EEOC Enforcement Guidance on Pregnancy Discrimination
- *Hoglund Hanson Presents Webinar on At-Will Employment
- *Workers Compensation Legislative Update 2013