Davenport Evans has announced its 2023 scholarship recipients. For over 35 years, the firm has awarded eight annual scholarships totaling $20,000 to be used at institutions of higher learning in the state of South Dakota. Scholarships are awarded through the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation.
“The firm recognizes that our best and brightest high school seniors are the future of South Dakota and key to growing our economy,” explained Davenport Evans lawyer Vince Roche. “That’s a primary reason why we are committed to encouraging those students to attend one of our fine in-state institutions of higher learning, with the hope that some of them will ultimately put down roots in a local community.” Davenport Evans lawyer Mitch Peterson was, himself, a past Davenport Evans scholar!
Congratulations to each of the following Davenport Evans Scholars (Shown L to R, top row then bottom row, above.):
- Grace Barnett, O’Gorman High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Kennadi Engel, Roosevelt High School, planning to attend Augustana University
- Amber House, Brandon Valley High School, planning to attend Augustana University
- Elizabeth Johnson, West Central High School, planning to attend the University of South Dakota
- Chase Jones, Dell Rapids High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Payton Pickering, O’Gorman High School, planning to attend University of South Dakota
- Sanjeev Shyam, Roosevelt High School, planning to attend Augustana University
- Allie Weber, Roosevelt High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
In celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the scholarship in 2017, the firm asked past Davenport Evans Scholars to share updates. Many of our Scholars have stayed in touch and sent updates since that time. Read Scholar Stories in this feature, Where Are They Now? Davenport Evans Scholarship Turns 30.
Davenport, Evans, Hurwitz & Smith, LLP, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is one of the State’s largest law firms. The firm’s attorneys provide business and litigation counsel to individuals and corporate clients in a variety of practice areas. For more information about Davenport Evans, visit www.dehs.com.
Chamber News Announcement: DEHS Scholarships 2023