Announcing the 2018 Davenport Evans Scholars
Over the last 31 years, Davenport Evans scholarships have benefited 248 high school seniors through the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation. The scholarships are designated for use at institutions of higher learning in the state of South Dakota.
“The firm recognizes that our best and brightest high school seniors are the future of South Dakota and key to growing our economy,” explained Davenport Evans lawyer Vince Roche. “That’s a primary reason why we are committed to encouraging those students to attend one of our fine in-state institutions of higher learning, with the hope that some of them will ultimately put down roots in a local community.”
Congratulations to each of the following 2018 recipients. View the announcement ad here, DEHS Scholarship Students 2018, and look for it in the May 13 edition of the Argus Leader Sports Section and the May 16 edition of the Sioux Falls Business Journal in the Argus Leader.
- Noah Bentley, Canton High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Joy Dahle, Harrisburg High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Samuel Detert, Harrisburg High School, planning to attend Augustana University
- Joshua Donahoe, Brandon Valley High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Ryan Fick, Garretson High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Rachel Nelson, Harrisburg High School, planning to attend Augustana University
- Morgan Palmer, Brandon Valley High School, planning to attend University of South Dakota
- Emma Volk, Sioux Falls Roosevelt High School, planning to attend South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
In celebration of last year’s 30th Anniversary of the scholarship, the firm asked past Davenport Evans Scholars to share updates. Read Scholar Stories on an exciting page, Where Are They Now? Davenport Evans Scholarship Turns 30.
Davenport, Evans, Hurwitz & Smith, LLP, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is one of the State’s largest law firms. The firm’s attorneys provide business and litigation counsel to individuals and corporate clients in a variety of practice areas. For more information about Davenport Evans, visit www.dehs.com.