2017 Davenport Evans Scholarship Students
May 9, 2017 | dehs
Announcing the 2017 Davenport Evans Scholars
Over the last 30 years, Davenport Evans scholarships have benefited 240 high school seniors through the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation. The scholarships are designated for use at institutions of higher learning in the state of South Dakota.
“The firm recognizes that our best and brightest high school seniors are the future of South Dakota and key to growing our economy,” explained Davenport Evans lawyer Vince Roche. “That’s a primary reason why we are committed to encouraging those students to attend one of our fine in-state institutions of higher learning, with the hope that some of them will ultimately put down roots in a local community.”
Congratulations to each of the following recipients:
- Blake Chesley, Sioux Falls Roosevelt High School, planning to attend Augustana University
- Alexander Denevan, Sioux Falls Roosevelt High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Mikayla DeNoon, Dell Rapids High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Logan Hansen, Viborg-Hurley High School, planning to attend University of Sioux Falls
- Amanda Neff, Sioux Falls Lincoln High School, planning to attend South Dakota School of Mines
- Caitlynn Runia, Brandon Valley High School, planning to attend the South Dakota State University
- Jacqueline Wolles, St. Mary High School Dell Rapids, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Emily Worden, Sioux Falls Lincoln High School, planning to attend Augustana University
In celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the scholarship, the firm asked past Davenport Evans Scholars to share updates. Read Scholar Stories on an exciting new page, Where Are They Now? Davenport Evans Scholarship Turns 30.
Davenport, Evans, Hurwitz & Smith, LLP, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is one of the State’s largest law firms. The firm’s attorneys provide business and litigation counsel to individuals and corporate clients in a variety of practice areas. For more information about Davenport Evans, visit www.dehs.com.