Tiffany M. Miller
Tiffany M. Miller
South Dakota Financial Services Lawyer
A native of Burke, South Dakota, Tiffany joined the firm in 2007. Her practice focuses primarily on banking and financial services law with an emphasis on bank regulatory compliance. Tiffany advises clients with regard to matters involving various state and federal banking laws, including the Truth-in-Lending Act (TILA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), UDAAP, E-SIGN, and their implementing regulations. Tiffany also regularly assists financial institution clients in the drafting of consumer disclosures and agreements relating to financial products and services, including agreements related to credit card and prepaid card products.
Outside of the office, Tiffany is involved in a variety of community activities. She serves as Vice Chair of the Team Jack Foundation, is Chair of the Greater Sioux Falls Chamber of Commerce Community Appeals Committee, serves on the Board of Directors for Dow Rummel Village, and is a graduate of Leadership Sioux Falls. Tiffany is an active member of her church, where she sings on the Worship Team. Tiffany and her husband, Nathan, are parents to three young boys, Noah, Luke, and Graham.
- Can Employers Offer Incentives to Participate in Wellness Programs?
- How to Legally Operate an Online Giveaway
- Banking Seminar: Protecting Your Bank’s Future
- Chamber News: 5 Questions with Tiffany Miller
- Miller Named Board Chair of Downtown Sioux Falls
- To Call or Not to Call – Revocation of Consumer Consent Under the TCPA
- 5 Provisions to Consider in Third Party Vendor Contracts
- Miller, Murtha on KELO for Website Accessibility Issues
- Debt Collection Practices – A “Hot Topic” for CFPB in 2016
- Disclosure of Title Insurance Premiums Under TRID
- Will Your Rewards Program Withstand CFPB Scrutiny?
- FFIEC Issues Guidance on Social Media Risk Management
- Implementing Ability-To-Repay Rules and Understanding Qualified Mortgages
Davenport, Evans, Hurwitz & Smith, LLP
Partner: 2014 – present
Associate: 2007 – 2013
South Dakota State University
(B.S., summa cum laude, 2004)
University of South Dakota School of Law
(J.D., Sterling Honor Graduate, 2007; M.B.A., 2007)
State Bar of South Dakota
American Bar Association
Admitted to Practice (State):
South Dakota, 2007
Symposium Editor, South Dakota Law Review, 2006 – 2007
Author: Wrestling with Public Policy Underlying Intentional Act Exclusions to Insurance Coverage: Why such Exclusions Should Warrant Closer Examination, 51 South Dakota Law Review 346 (2006)
Protecting what you’ve built.