Over the last 30+ years, Davenport Evans scholarships have benefited over 250 high school seniors through the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation. The scholarships are designated for use at institutions of higher learning in the state of South Dakota.
“The firm recognizes that our best and brightest high school seniors are the future of South Dakota and key to growing our economy,” explained Davenport Evans lawyer Vince Roche. “That’s a primary reason why we are committed to encouraging those students to attend one of our fine in-state institutions of higher learning, with the hope that some of them will ultimately put down roots in a local community.” Davenport Evans lawyer Mitch Peterson was, himself, a past Davenport Evans scholar! Students and their families attended a reception at Davenport Evans May 9, co-hosted by the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation.
Congratulations to each of the following 2020 recipients.
View the Davenport Evans Scholar announcement here, Davenport Evans Scholarship Recipients 2020.
- Aftyn DeWit, Washington High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Austin Fowler, Roosevelt High School, planning to attend Augustana University
- Kaitlin Gross, Harrisburg High School, planning to attend Augustana University
- Zachariah Hentschel, Brandon Valley High School, planning to attend South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- Luke Morris, Harrisburg High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
- Riley Van Den Top, Sioux Falls Christian High School, planning to attend South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- Saylor Weiland, Roosevelt High School, planning to attend Augustana University
- Tyler Wood, Dell Rapids High School, planning to attend South Dakota State University
In celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the scholarship in 2017, the firm asked past Davenport Evans Scholars to share updates. Read Scholar Stories in this exciting feature, Where Are They Now? Davenport Evans Scholarship Turns 30.
Davenport, Evans, Hurwitz & Smith, LLP, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is one of the State’s largest law firms. The firm’s attorneys provide business and litigation counsel to individuals and corporate clients in a variety of practice areas. For more information about Davenport Evans, visit www.dehs.com.