E-Commerce, Internet and Cyber Law
The e-Commerce, Internet and Cyber Law attorneys of Davenport Evans law firm, in Sioux Falls, SD, offer guidance in various aspects of e-commerce, including contracting online, data privacy issues, domain name disputes, electronic fund transfers, electronic signatures and software contracts and licensing. Similar experience is brought to bear in fields of general Internet law, including domain name registration, management and transfers, website review, website development and hosting agreements, and electronic communications policies. Firm lawyers are members of a variety of organizations with specialized interest in the field, including the Computer Law Association.
As the electronic frontier encompasses more of business and personal life, Davenport Evans seeks to assist clients in coping with this legal environment. One area of Internet law in which the firm has significant expertise is e-lending. Development of a website on which a consumer can apply for credit, be approved online, and authorize a payment of funds requires compliance with a multitude of federal laws and regulations, including the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B, the Truth In Savings Act and Regulation DD, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and Regulation P, the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and Regulation E, the E-SIGN Act, and the FTC’s “dot.com” rules, as well as various state laws regulating unfair and deceptive trade practices. The firm’s regulatory compliance attorneys are well versed in these areas and can assist clients as they venture into the world of e-lending.
Cyber Law Resources:
- Website ADA Compliance White Paper: Can You Really Be Sued for Website Accessibility Issues? What You Should Know About Website ADA Compliance
- Website ADA Compliance Podcast Part 1: KELO Newstalk with Bill Zortman (slide the time bar to 15:00 to go directly to the ADA Website Compliance segment.)
- Website ADA Compliance Podcast Part 2: KELO Newstalk with Bill Zortman (slide the time bar to 12:20 to go directly to the ADA Website Compliance segment.)
- Download Cyber Law Fact Card: Trendigital Summit 2017
- Trendigital presentation: Cyberlaw for Business by Ashley G. Blake